Friday, December 23, 2011

10000 People sing Beethoven Symphony No 9 together♪

Today, Dec. 23rd is our Emperor's 78th birthday.
If you are interested in this, please check this Press Conference on the occasion of His Majesty's Birthday (2011)
Although Christmas isn't a national holiday,  Emperor's birthday is a national holiday.
Luckily, Christmas is on weekend. Office workers can get 3-days off.

At the end of the year, we watch many special programs on TV.
Most programs this year are related to the Great East Japan Earthquake on 11th March.
I sometimes forget it happened this year.
But it is not the past yet for people living in that area.
At the same time, I really thank the fact I can see the old year out and the new year in with my family at safe home.

Today, I was watching a TV program, `10000 People sing Beethoven Symphony No 9 together.'
I can't find its YouTube yet.
When I find it, I like to introduce it here.

This below video is from last year, 2010.
The conductor is always Yutaka Sado. I like him.
The singer was Ayaka Hirahara. She sang this year too.
She is one of my favorite singers.






At the same setting, 10000 people sang Beethoven Symphony No 9 together.
It was amazing!!!
While I was watching it today, I remember LOTS OF THINGS both good and bad which happened this year.
Especially,  the Great East Japan Earthquake on 11th March is the prime memory.
I guess people in that program felt the same feeling and they sang, sweat and shed tears.
We, Japanese can never forget this year, 2011.
This year's memory will be inscribed in our heart and thought forever.

The singer of the below video is Ayaka Hirahara.
I'll post it here not to forget the day...